When you are craving something sweet, make this easy white chocolate mousse! It only has 2 ingredients, and you can make it in the microwave.
Sponsored by ChocZero.
I really enjoy white chocolate. It's doesn't require a lot of additional ingredients to make it taste good. Plus, it isn't as rich as dark chocolate, so it's not an overpowering flavor!
There is something completely different about this white chocolate mousse recipe that you are really going to really love. The mousse resembles whipped cream - it just melts on your tongue.
Plus, this decadent dessert is really easy to make.
Why you'll love it
This white chocolate mousse has an airy quality with a deliciously sweet taste. Even if you aren't a huge fan of chocolate, you will probably like this mousse.
I like to serve this mousse to my friends and family at parties because they can't even tell it is sugar-free. It is so smooth and creamy that people will ask for seconds.
You'll love how simple it is to make with only two ingredients. It has a really short prep time, too, so your sweet tooth will be satiated in minutes!
You really can't go wrong with this recipe.
There are literally only two ingredients in this simple white chocolate mousse recipe. I'll share a bit more information about what they are and why I used them.
Heavy whipping cream
You'll need heavy whipping cream to make homemade whipped cream. This is what gives the mousse its light consistency.
White chocolate chips
Of course, the other ingredient is going to be white chocolate baking chips. If you are on a low-carb or keto diet, I suggest using sugar-free white chocolate chips. My favorite kind is from ChocZero!
- Serve in ramekins. This white chocolate mousse recipe is the perfect thing to serve guests at a party.
- Use white chocolate bars. If you can't get your hands on some baking chips, consider using chocolate squares or bars. I like to use Lily's.
- Do not heat it in the microwave for too long. As you melt the white chocolate, stir frequently and only heat it up for 15 seconds at a time.
The full recipe is in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. First, here are some photos and additional tips about how to make this incredible white chocolate mousse recipe!
Melt white chocolate with heavy cream
Use a microwave-safe bowl and melt the white chocolate chips with ⅓ of the heavy cream. You'll heat it in 30-second intervals in the microwave, stirring between each interval.
Whip the heavy cream
Now it's time to make whipped cream. To do this, you literally whip the heavy whipping cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
It's easier to just use a stand mixer that has a whisk attachment. That requires very little effort from you.
Mix it all together
Do this part very carefully so that you don't overmix it. Gently fold the heavy cream mixture into the white chocolate mixture.
Then, all you have to do is chill the white chocolate mousse for about 2 hours. This will cause it to set.
After it sets, you are ready to enjoy the cooled white chocolate mixture that is now the most incredible white chocolate mousse.
If you have any remaining whipped cream, you can add it on top.
️ Serving suggestions
If you are going to serve this at a party, then consider making a few different flavors of mousse and letting your guests pick their favorites.
There are a lot of different ways you can make this white chocolate mousse recipe.
In addition to the basic 2-ingredient white chocolate mousse that we made, you could make mousse with cream cheese. That's how I made this cheesecake mousse!
Or, add some milk chocolate chips on top as a delicious garnish.
My favorite way to serve this mousse is to use it as a dip for fresh berries.
For a little fun, drizzle some melted chocolate on top. The options are pretty endless!
Before we get to the recipe card, here are some questions people often ask about how to make keto white chocolate mousse. If you don't see your question in this list, please leave it in the comments.
You can just use a whisk to whip the cream by hand. It's possible - it just takes a good bit longer and is quite a workout.
Yes, I think it is one of the easiest desserts I have ever made. You literally melt the white chocolate, make the homemade whipped cream, and mix it all together. Then, let it chill!
It's a super-simple recipe that doesn't even use the stove.
The only reason I used the microwave is that it's so fast. You can make this with your stove instead of a microwave.
Just heat the heavy cream and white chocolate chips over medium-low heat in a small saucepan, stirring frequently until the white chocolate melts.
No, there are no eggs in this white chocolate mousse recipe. The only ingredients I use are heavy cream and white chocolate baking chips.
Whenever I am making a low-carb dessert that involves chocolate, I always turn to ChocZero! Their sugar-free chocolate chips are sweet and work perfectly in my desserts. I never have a problem melting them down.
Not to mention, it's only 1g net carb per serving!
Looking for more low-carb desserts that will satisfy your sweet tooth? Be sure to check out these gluten-free keto desserts. They are some of my favorites!
- Gluten-Free Tiramisu Whoopie Pies are a delicious way to enjoy tiramisu along with keto cookies!
- Easy Low Carb Keto Tiramisu is sugar-free and gluten-free, and no one can tell it is keto-friendly!
- Mascarpone Cream Mousse is a simple dessert that only uses three ingredients and can be dressed up with all kinds of toppings!
- Keto Pecan Pie has a scrumptious nutty flavor and the same rich sweetness, but still low in carbs.
- Chocolate Dream Pie is really rich and filling but only has 3g net carbs in each serving.
Easy White Chocolate Mousse (2-Ingredients)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream divided
- ½ cup ChocZero White Chocolate Chips 80 grams
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat ⅓ cup of the heavy whipping cream with the white chocolate chips until baking chips melt. This should take about 35 to 50 seconds depending on microwave power.
- Stir the heated cream mixture until the white chocolate is completely melted in. Set aside.
- Add the remaining ⅔ cup cream to a large mixing bowl and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Slowly fold in the whipped cream into the white chocolate mixture.
- Divide mousse between 3 dessert dishes and refrigerate until mousse is set, at least 2 hours.
Notes on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
© LowCarbYum.com - Unauthorized use of this material without written permission is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes. Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.