Preorder my 5-Ingredient Keto Cookbook featuring over 120 simple recipes and get over 45 bonus recipes to use NOW!
When you make bacon wrapped pork chops in the oven you’ll get juicy meat every time. You won’t have to worry about a dry piece of meat when you wrap it in high fat bacon before baking.
I love the convenience of cooking meat in the oven. But often, lean cuts of meat can come out dry. My solution is to wrap the pieces in bacon before baking! It not only seals in the juices, but adds fat and flavor.
You can wrap any meat in bacon. A few things I’ve tried are chicken tenders, stuffed chicken breasts, meatloaf, steaks, and pork tenderloin. You can even wrap low carb egg muffins in bacon for an easy low carb breakfast on the go.
Pre-cook bacon for best results
A key step for making bacon wrapped pork chops is to make sure the bacon is fully cooked when the meat is done. That’s why I recommend pre-baking it so it comes out crisp when the pork is done.
You’ll want to bake the bacon on rack in a baking pan until it’s cooked yet still pliable. I find about 5 to 10 minutes at 425°F is all the time it needs. It will finish baking while it’s wrapped around the meat.
Seasoning the meat
To keep things simple, you can use a blend of the following in the seasoning mix:
- Celery salt is a blend of salt and celery seed. If you can’t find it, use ground celery seed and a little more salt.
- Garlic powder adds in garlic flavoring without the mess of using fresh cloves. It’s also easier to rub onto meat. However, some fresh minced garlic can be used instead.
- Onion powder gives the taste of onion in an easy to use concentrated powder. It’s a great seasoning for meat rubs.
- Salt enhances the flavor of just about everything so you don’t want to skip it in any seasoning blend unless it’s incorporated into another seasoning.
- Feel free to sprinkle in some ground black pepper too.
But you may want to add in one or more herbs into the mix to up the flavor. Cumin, sage, fennel, thyme, rosemary, and coriander all go well with pork.
How to cook bacon wrapped pork chops
- Bake 12 slices of bacon at 425°F for 10-15 minutes until cooked, but still bendable.
- While bacon is cooking, season six boneless pork chops with a blend of ground celery seed, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt.
- Wrap 2 slices of bacon around each pork chop.
- Bake the meat for 15 minutes at 425°F then turn and bake another 10-15 minutes or until pork tests done (about 145°F on a meat thermometer). Total time is about 30 minutes with 15 minutes per side.
Ovens can vary so it’s always best to keep an eye on the meat while baking. Adjust the oven temperature and cooking time as needed.
When baking bacon, it’s not necessary to preheat the oven. By the time it’s pre-cooked, the oven will be at the temperature needed for cooking the pork.
What to serve with bacon wrapped pork chops
There are plenty of low carb sides that go well with pork. But the following are some of my favorites.
- For a simple dish with only five main ingredients, my green beans almondine is sure to please.
- If you have a second oven, try roasted cauliflower and broccoli for an easy baked side.
- Why settle for plain riced cauliflower when you can enjoy flavorful cauliflower rice risotto on the side.
- A simple turnip mash is the perfect complement to any meat dish.
- If you miss potatoes, try roasted celery root instead!
Other keto bacon recipes to love
Bacon makes everything better so here’s a few more ways to enjoy it!
- It makes the perfect topping on a chicken crust pizza with ranch sauce.
- Forget the carb loaded breading and make bacon wrapped mozzarella sticks for an appetizer!
- For another easy appetizer or main dish try keto bacon wrapped chicken because it results in juicy meat every time.
- Why not try something different like wrapping it into a baked eggplant rolls casserole.
I also recommend wrapping avocado in it too!
Bacon wrapped pork chops
- 6 pork chops 1 inch thick
- 12 slices bacon
- ½ teaspoon Celery salt
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon Onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Bake bacon at 425°F for 10-15 minutes until cooked, but still bendable.
- While bacon is cooking, season pork chops with
- Wrap 2 slices bacon over each pork chop
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425°F then turn and bake another 10-15 minutes or until pork tests done (about 145°F on meat thermometer)
Get Recipes Delivered Weekly
Join my email list and you’ll receive a free meal plan with 20 keto recipes. Plus, you can opt-in for special offers only for subscribers!
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes.
Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.