Fancy a low-carb meal at the International House of Pancakes? Discover delicious IHOP keto menu items with ordering tips, convenient carb counts, and items to avoid to stay in ketosis!
For a breakfast chain famous for its fluffy stacks of pancakes, IHOP has a surprising amount of keto options.
Eating low-carb at traditional chain restaurants is not always an easy task – when you don't have control over making your own food, you need to be careful about sneaky high-carb ingredients and added sugars.
Still, there is a way to eat keto at IHOP... you just need to know what to order!
IHOP has a HUGE menu with pages of meal options for you to investigate. Luckily, you don't need to guess what is low carb at IHOP – we've done the work for you with our very own IHOP keto menu.
In this post, we're covering all you need to know about how to eat keto at IHOP. We've also included necessary substitutions, ordering tips, and the carb count for each keto-friendly option.
The best IHOP keto options
Because the options at IHOP are so expansive, the menu can be a little tricky to navigate.
If you're following a low-carb diet, these are the best meal options for you to try on the IHOP menu.
And for full nutritional information, check out the IHOP nutrition menu here.
IHOP keto breakfast menu
While, unfortunately, you can't sample the high-carb pancakes at IHOP, there are some alternative options.
Most known for their breakfast foods, these are the best keto breakfast options that IHOP has to offer:
An egg-white omelet is a tasty low-carb option that you can enjoy with a couple of substitutions.
It's rumored that IHOP puts pancake batter into their traditional omelets, which is not a keto-friendly option.
So, make sure to order your omelet with egg whites to avoid this high-carb addition!
IHOP keto omelet options include:
- Bacon temptation omelet (remove queso) – 4g net carbs
- Spinach and mushroom omelet (remove hollandaise sauce) – 7g net carbs
- Big steak omelet (remove salsa and hash browns) – 7g net carbs
- Spicy poblano omelet (remove hollandaise sauce) – 7g net carbs
- Colorado omelet (remove salsa) – 8g net carbs
You can even choose to build your own omelet (0g net carbs) and add the toppings of your choice, including:
Cheese & meat toppings:
- American cheese – 2g net carbs
- Diced ham – 1g net carbs
- Diced bacon – 0g net carbs
- Four-cheese blend – 1g net carbs
- Pork sausage link – 0g net carbs
- Shredded cheddar cheese – 2g net carbs
- Shredded jack and cheddar – 2g net carbs
Fruit and veggie toppings:
- Roasted cherry tomatoes – 4g net carbs
- Sauteed green peppers and onions – 2g net carbs
- Sauteed mushrooms – 2g net carbs
- Tomato – 2g net carbs
- Sauteed spinach – 1g net carbs
- Avocado – 1g net carbs
- Basil pesto – 0g net carbs
- Sour cream – 1g net carbs
If you're feeling hungry, opt for a keto breakfast combo. Just make sure to swap out high-carb side dishes for a low-carb substitution like extra egg or meat.
- T-bone steak and eggs combo (remove pancakes) – 0g net carbs
- Smokehouse combo (remove hash browns and pancakes) – 5g net carbs
- Quick 2-egg breakfast combo (remove hash browns and toast) – 2g net carbs
IHOP keto lunch and dinner menu
IHOP menu items don't stop there. They also have a range of lunch and dinner items, so you can eat there any time of day!
You can indulge in a tasty burger at IHOP. Just remember to remove the bun and skip the side of fries.
- Big brunch steak burger with avocado (remove bun & potato cake) – 5g net carbs
- Jalapeno kick steakburger (remove bun) – 6g net carbs
- Mega monster cheeseburger (remove bun) – 6g net carbs
- Classic steak burger with bacon (remove bun) – 6g net carbs
If sandwiches are your preference, try one of these keto IHOP offerings, remembering to remove the sourdough bread.
- BLTA sandwich (remove bread) – 5g net carbs
- Ham and egg melt (remove bread) – 7g net carbs
- Turkey cheddar club (remove bread) – 4g net carbs
If you're looking to get in some extra veggies, try an IHOP salad.
These listed net carbs are for the salads without dressing, though you can choose to add ranch dressing if you prefer (1g net carbs/side salad, 3g net carbs/full salad).
- Grilled chicken and veggie salad (remove dressing) – 11g net carbs
- House salad (remove dressing) – 4g net carbs
IHOP entrees come with optional garlic bread and your choice of two side dishes. Ask to remove the garlic bread and choose low-carb sides like a side spinach salad and steamed broccoli.
- Grilled tilapia dinner (remove rice & barley) – 4g net carbs
- Salmon entree – 2g net carbs
- T-bone steak – 0g net carbs
- Roasted turkey breast – 6g net carbs
While there aren't many low-carb side dishes to choose from, you should be able to fit one of these options into your daily carb count.
- Broccoli with garlic butter – 3g net carbs
- Side house salad (no dressing) – 4g net carbs
- Yellow & green beans with garlic butter – 5g net carbs
IHOP keto drinks
Finish off your meal with a keto-friendly beverage.
Low-carb beverage options include:
- Iced cold brew – 0g net carbs
- International roast coffee – 0g net carbs
- Hot tea (decaf & English breakfast) – 1g net carbs
- Hot tea (chamomile & green) – 0g net carbs
- Freshly brewed iced tea – 2g net carbs
- Tomato juice (regular) – 7g net carbs
- Diet soda – 0g net carbs
- Flavored water – 0g net carbs
IHOP menu items to avoid
With a menu this large, there are TONS of menu items that you need to watch out for. These items are often breaded, sugary, and loaded with high-carb counts.
In other words, they're not suitable for a keto diet!
IHOP menu items to avoid include:
- Traditional omelets
- French toast
- Bread, toast, & buns
- French fries
- Onion rings
- Mac and cheese
- Burritos and bowls
- Fried appetizers
- Garlic bread
How to order keto at IHOP
Here are a few guiding tips for ordering your perfect IHOP low-carb meal:
1. Choose a main
Start by choosing any of the low-carb mains we've listed on our IHOP keto menu. Choose between omelets, breakfast combos, burgers, sandwiches, salads, and entrees.
2. Prepare for substitutions
Whatever you're ordering on the IHOP menu, you must be prepared to make substitutions. This includes removing bread, high-carb side dishes, and sugary dressings that could affect your ketosis.
Read our listed menu items carefully and make the suggested substitutions to ensure a keto-friendly meal.
3. Add high-fat extras
Be good with your keto macros by adding high-fat extras to your meal.
Some examples include adding shredded cheese to an omelet, a side of bacon to your breakfast combo, or avocado to your burger.
4. Choose a sugar-free drink
While IHOP has several tasty drink options, stick to the sugar-free varieties to keep things low-carb and keto-approved.
5. Skip dessert
Unfortunately, IHOP doesn't have any keto dessert options.
Skip dessert and enjoy a decadent low-carb alternative at home with any of my keto dessert recipes!
Here are a few answers to the most frequently asked questions about IHOP keto options. If you don't see your question in this list, please leave it for me in the comments.
You can eat an IHOP omelet on a keto diet. But be warned – regular IHOP omelets contain 8g net carbs without any toppings; this is deceivingly high for eggs.
It's rumored that IHOP actually puts pancake batter into their traditional omelets, which is not suitable for a keto diet.
Instead, opt for an egg white omelet to keep your base net carbs at 0g. You can add additional low-carb toppings while maintaining a keto breakfast.
Unfortunately, the IHOP protein pancakes are not keto-approved.
One order of these protein pancakes contains 70g carbs and 19g sugar – well above the recommended daily limit of 50g net carbs.
If you want to enjoy pancakes, I suggest you make them at home! I have a couple of tasty pancake recipes, like my low-carb protein pancakes and my healthy peanut butter pancakes.
If you like this restaurant, try these!
If these IHOP keto options have you craving breakfast food, here are some low-carb recipes you can make at home! All of them will effectively replace anything you can order at the chain.
- Instant Pot Sous Vide Keto Egg Bites are amazing grab-and-go breakfast options for your busiest mornings.
- How To Bake Bacon In The Oven teaches you how to make the perfect bacon; serve with scrambled eggs and enjoy!
- Fluffy Almond Flour Pancakes are beyond delicious. Make sure to enjoy them with low-carb syrup and ample whipped cream.
- The Best Keto Cinnamon Rolls are aptly named – eat them for breakfast, dessert, or anytime the craving hits.
- Keto Coffee Cake is the perfect dipping addition to your morning cup of coffee.