You can eat keto at Buffalo Wild Wings with a few helpful guidelines. Dig into the many keto options that Buffalo Wild Wings has to offer as well as helpful ordering tips and menu items to avoid like the plague!
When the food cravings come calling, Buffalo Wild Wings is an obvious choice! With yummy pub fare and a social atmosphere, this is a common gathering place for both friends and family.
It can be intimidating, however, to eat out when following a keto diet. Luckily, you can order from Buffalo Wild Wings without breaking ketosis.
Buffalo Wild Wings is fairly keto-friendly because they are really protein-focused (it's in the name!). They also have high-fat toppings that can bump up your meal.
Still, because they're a chain restaurant, they have a lot of high-carb and high-sugar foods for you to watch out for.
In this post, I'll cover the best food options and ordering tips, as well as answer some commonly asked questions I get about eating keto at Buffalo Wild Wings.
Best keto options at Buffalo Wild Wings
Whether this is your first visit to Buffalo Wild Wings or you're a seasoned wings connoisseur, listen up! I've compiled all the keto-friendly options that Buffalo Wild Wings has to offer.
For your convenience, I've also included net carb counts for almost every option so that you can easily track your daily macros. For unavailable carb counts, don't be afraid to ask your Buffalo Wild Wings location directly.
Note: If you want more information, you can check out Buffalo Wild Wing's nutrition and allergen guides here.
Without further ado, these are the best keto options to guide you on your visit to Buffalo Wild Wings.
Keto main dishes
Easy, keto-friendly options at Buffalo Wild Wings include:
- Traditional wings (0g net carbs)
- Naked tenders (0g net carbs)
- Hamburger patty, no bun (0g net carbs)
- Grilled chicken breast (1g net carbs)
- Smoked brisket burger, no bun, no sauce
- Buffalo ranch chicken sandwich with no bun and swap for grilled chicken
- Avocado bacon burger, no bun
- Grilled chicken club, no bun
- Chopped cobb salad, dressing on the side (9g net carbs)
- Buffalo wedge salad with grilled chicken, dressing on the side (8g net carbs)
Low-carb sauces & additions
Though some of us have simple tastes, others like to jazz up our food just a bit! Use these keto-friendly sauces, dressings, rubs, and toppings to add to your order.
You can dress up your wings however you'd like. Here are the net carbs for each dipping sauce option (all between 1-3g net carbs); use them to fit your meal into your daily carb intake.
- Mild (1g net carbs)
- Medium (1g net carbs)
- Hot (2g net carbs)
- Parmesan Garlic Sauce (3g net carbs)
- Original Buffalo (1g net carbs)
- Lemon Pepper (2g net carbs)
- Nashville Hot (3g net carbs)
- Blazin' Carolina Reaper (2g net carbs)
- Spicy Garlic (2g net carbs)
- Thai Curry (3g net carbs)
- Wild (3g net carbs)
If your favorite wing sauce is parmesan garlic, I have a surprise for you. I recreated the recipe to be keto-friendly and I have to say, my recipe for crispy garlic parmesan wings is amazing!
Dry spice rubs
The net carbs of dry spices will vary based on how much is used at different times and locations. Still, you can confidently add dry seasonings to your Buffalo Wild Wings order.
Approved spice rubs include:
- Buffalo seasoning
- Chipotle bbq seasoning
- Desert heat seasoning
- Lemon pepper seasoning
- Salt & vinegar seasoning
While you can absolutely enjoy your hamburger patty or chicken burger plain, try adding some of these keto-friendly toppings to make a basic burger something drool-worthy!
- American cheese (1g net carbs)
- Bleu cheese crumbles (1g net carbs)
- Cheddar cheese (1g net carbs)
- Hatch queso (2g net carbs)
- Pepper jack cheese (0g net carbs)
- Swiss cheese (0g net carbs)
- Yellow mustard (0g net carbs)
Bump up your side salad with a delicious, low-carb dressing. Options include:
- Bleu cheese dressing (2g net carbs)
- Buffalo bleu cheese dressing (3g net carbs)
- Cilantro lime ranch dressing (3g net carbs)
- Ranch dressing (2g net carbs)
- Southwestern ranch dressing (2g net carbs)
Low carb sides
- Carrot sticks and celery sticks without ranch (2g net carbs)
- Plain side salad
Wash your delicious low-carb Buffalo Wild Wings meal down with the beverage of your choice. While a lot of their drink options are filled with sugar, there are a few you can enjoy without breaking your keto diet.
Choose between classic fountain drinks and even some adult beverages!
- Diet Pepsi (0g net carbs)
- Buffalo Wild Wings unsweetened iced tea (0g net carbs)
- Coffee (0g net carbs)
- Bottled water (0g net carbs)
- Bloody Mary (6g net carbs)
- 6oz Chardonnay (4g net carbs)
- Prosecco (2g net carbs)
How to order keto at Buffalo Wild Wings
Don't worry about ordering keto at Buffalo Wild Wings; it's easy! Use this guide along with a few pieces of advice, and you can't go wrong. When ordering, remember to:
1. Swap the bun
To eat low-carb is to sacrifice the bread! When ordering a sandwich or burger, ask to swap out the bun for a lettuce wrap or eat it protein-style on a bed of greens.
This is going to help keep your carb count low while still enjoying your meal!
2. Focus on protein
The most keto-friendly food at Buffalo Wild Wings is in the protein department. Luckily, they have a ton of options!
I like to go for their naked chicken wings or chicken tenders because they're carb-free, without any additional sauces or seasonings.
You can also choose to dress these up by asking for sauces on the side; this is a great portion control hack!
Other great keto protein options include hamburger patties and chicken patties.
3. Avoid the sides
Yet another sacrifice of the keto diet is avoiding yummy, high-carb sides.
When ordering, opt for a side salad over their other options. Sides to avoid include:
4. Choose grilled over breaded
When given the option between breaded and grilled chicken breast, always opt for grilled.
Breaded chicken is most often not suitable for a keto diet when ordering it in a restaurant. Grilled chicken lowers your carb count and is just as delicious.
Enjoy it on a sandwich or salad.
5. Beware of hidden sugars
Sneaky sugar hides in a lot of the drinks and sauces at Buffalo Wild Wings. In order to keep your meal's carb-count low, make sure you're only choosing from the options we've laid out above!
6. Skip dessert
Unfortunately, there are no keto-friendly desserts at Buffalo Wild Wings. Each option is high in both sugars and carbs.
Still, you can indulge from home. After your meal, whip up any one of my keto-friendly dessert recipes.
Here are a few answers to the most frequently asked questions about eating keto at Buffalo Wild Wings! If you don't see your question in this list, please leave it for me in the comments.
The traditional wings at Buffalo Wild Wings are totally keto-friendly. You can order their naked tenders or wings; both have 0g net carbs!
Note: Some of the sauces are high in sugar and not keto-approved. Make sure you're choosing a dry rub or low-sugar sauce option.
The low-carb options at Buffalo Wild Wings include their traditional chicken wings, naked chicken tenders, and bunless burgers.
There are also several low-carb drinks that you can enjoy. Try the unsweetened iced tea or spring for an adult beverage like their bloody mary.
There are 11 keto-friendly Buffalo Wild Wings sauces, so you have plenty of options to choose from! Not all of their sauces, however, are suitable for a keto diet. Avoid high-sugar sauces so you don't sacrifice your ketosis.
If you want to play it super safe, stick with the wings! Choose your wing of choice (boneless, traditional, etc.) and pair it with a keto-approved dipping sauce or dry rub seasoning.
You can also easily order hamburgers or chicken burgers without the bun. Ask for it on a bed of lettuce and with sauces on the side.
Finally, when choosing a side, choose a side salad or carrot and celery sticks.
If reading all about Buffalo Wild Wings has you craving pub food, here are some low-carb recipes you can make at home! All of them will effectively replace anything you can order at the chain.
- Keto Air Fryer Fried Pickles are as good as the real thing (if not better). Enjoy them as a delish appetizer or as the perfect game-day snack!
- Crispy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings are made from parmesan cheese, pork rinds, and savory seasonings.
- Keto Mozzarella Sticks are an easy, kid-friendly, low-carb snack or appetizer. Keep some of these gluten-free cheese sticks in the freezer for a quick bite any time!
- Air Fryer Buffalo Wings come together in just 35 minutes! These are the perfect copycat recipe for your Buffalo Wild Wings craving!
- Keto Pulled Pork Nachos With Cauliflower are nachos like you've never seen them before! Packed full of vegetables and ooey gooey cheese, you're going to love this one.