When you need a keto-friendly way to make pepperoni pizza, grab this quick and easy pizza chaffle recipe. It's delicious and low-carb!
Trying to avoid ordering pizza takeout tonight? I get it! Sometimes, you just need a simple recipe for lunch or dinner.
Lucky for you, this recipe for a keto pizza chaffle is quicker and easier than ordering takeout! I knew when I created this recipe that I needed something fast and delicious.
When you are craving some sort of cheesy comfort food from your childhood, you can't go wrong with this low-carb pizza.
Why you'll love it
This keto pizza chaffle recipe is so good that kids will ask you to make it again and again! In fact, it is so fun to make that they will be able to add their own toppings and make their own versions.
My favorite kind is shredded mozzarella cheese with pepperoni and red pepper flakes. So good!
The chaffle pizza crust is perfectly crispy and flavorful. You'll love how easy this is and how many different ways there are to make it.
I am so happy I can enjoy pizza on the keto diet- just follow this recipe!
These pizza chaffles use only simple ingredients, and all of them are pantry staples.
Eggs are the base of every chaffle recipe. This is what makes them so crispy and high in protein.
I used two different types of cheese - cheddar and mozzarella cheese. I prefer to shred the cheese at home because it is fresher that way.
Trust me... it makes a big difference in the "waffle" batter.
Use my homemade version of keto marinara sauce! Just make sure it doesn't have any added sugar.
If you want to use a jarred version, I highly recommend Rao's marinara sauce.
I topped each pizza chaffle with some savory and delicious pepperoni slices. Since this is a smaller crust, I suggest using mini pepperonis so you can fit more on them.
You can also use turkey pepperoni! It's one of my favorite pizza toppings.
The only spices I used in this recipe are salt and pepper, but there is a lot of room for creativity and customization.
Sometimes, I'll add in some garlic powder and onion powder.
- Use non stick spray. Chaffles tend to stick to the waffle maker, so always spray it down with your favorite keto-friendly spray.
- Add garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Mix things up with your favorite spices and seasonings.
- Freeze the mini keto pizzas. Make a really large batch of keto pizza chaffles and freeze them. That way, you'll have chaffles that you can heat up in the oven or microwave whenever you have a pizza craving!
Here is how to make the best chaffle pizza - all you need is a waffle iron and a mixing bowl.
Preheat the waffle maker
This is a very important step. If you try to put the batter on it while it is still warming up, it won't cook it evenly or as quickly. Simply let it pre-heat while you do the rest of these steps.
Make the chaffle batter
In a small bowl, mix the two types of shredded cheese together with the eggs. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Cook the chaffles
Spread ¼ of the batter into the heated waffle maker, and cook until it is done to your liking.
Repeat three more times until you make four waffles, one for each pizza chaffle total.
Add pizza chaffle toppings and bake
Layer each chaffle crust on a baking sheet and top with marinara sauce. Then, add the remaining mozzarella cheese and three slices of pepperoni to each chaffle.
Place the chaffle pizzas under the broiler for a few minutes until the cheese is melted.
This keto pizza chaffle tastes amazing when you serve it with your favorite keto breadsticks or low-carb mozzarella sticks! It's like an authentic pizza dinner, without the carbs.
Since this is such a high-protein recipe, I suggest adding plenty of veggies and maybe even a salad on the side.
Start out with a baby kale and avocado salad with parmesan. The flavors of the cheese will match the pizza. Then, serve some oven-roasted vegetables on the side.
You can make any of your favorite keto-friendly veggies this way!
There are a lot of different ways to make this delicious keto chaffle pizza recipe. Change the pizza toppings to anything you like!
For some spice, add some jalapeno or habanero peppers.
Or, try this with different types of meat on top. Sprinkle some bacon, Italian sausage, or even unsweetened ham on your pizza chaffle.
It's fun to create new flavor combinations and remake classic ones - like ranch chicken or BBQ pork.
You can use almond flour or coconut flour to make a crust, but then it becomes an actual pizza and not a chaffle. A chaffle is a combination of eggs and cheese that you cook on a waffle iron.
Do you want a classic pizza? Then make it with this almond flour pizza crust. It comes out thin and crispy!
Before we get to the printable recipe card, here are some questions people often ask about how to make this pizza chaffle!
I prefer to use a mini waffle maker when I make my easy keto pizza chaffle. It is the perfect size and cooks everything quickly and easily.
Pizza sauce is only keto-friendly if you look at the amount of carbs, and you know you can fit it into your day. My keto pizza sauce recipe only has 3.1g net carbs in each serving, and it is made with fresh tomatoes.
Yes, you can eat pizza on the keto diet as long as it is made with low-carb ingredients. A chaffle is fantastic because it is both low-carb and high in protein.
Most pizzas from pizza restaurants are made with wheat flour, which isn't keto-friendly. In fact, here is a quick guide about keto-friendly options at Blaze Pizza.
The best way to freeze the pizza chaffles is to let them cool down completely. Then, place them on a baking sheet in a single layer and put the baking sheet in the freezer.
Once they are completely frozen, store them in an airtight food storage bag that is freezer-friendly. They will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 6 months.
If you want more chaffle recipes or keto pizza recipes, then look no further! These are some of my favorite low-carb recipes, and I think you'll enjoy them too.
- Easy Oreo Chaffles look just like larger than life Oreos, but they only have 2 grams net carbs in each one.
- Keto Chaffles is a basic recipe that you can easily change and build upon.
- Rye Bread Chaffles are a delicious bread replacement that give you plenty of fiber too.
- Easy Keto Crustless Pizza tastes and looks just like a pizza, but only has 2.3 grams net carbs in each one.
- Zucchini Pizza Bites have double the cheese and are a really fun way to build and create your own pizza, without grains or a crust.
- No-Cook Pizza Sauce From Fresh Tomatoes is a great alternative to marinara sauce made in just 5 minutes.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded and divided
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ cup low carb marinara sauce
- 12 pepperoni slices
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your mini waffle maker.
- Mix together the eggs, ½ cup of the mozzarella cheese and ½ cup of the cheddar cheese in a bowl until well combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread ¼ of the batter into the heated waffle maker, and cook until done to your liking.
- Repeat 3 more times until you have 4 chaffles made.
- Layer the chaffles on a baking sheet, and top with the sauce, then the remaining mozzarella cheese and 3 slices of pepperoni each.
- Place the chaffle pizzas under the broiler for a few minutes until the cheese is melted.
Low Carb Sweeteners | Keto Sweetener Conversion Chart
Array ( [calories] => 209 [carbohydrates] => 3 [protein] => 14 [fat] => 16 [saturated_fat] => 8 [polyunsaturated_fat] => 1 [monounsaturated_fat] => 5 [trans_fat] => 1 [cholesterol] => 125 [sodium] => 706 [potassium] => 184 [fiber] => 1 [sugar] => 2 [vitamin_a] => 582 [vitamin_c] => 2 [calcium] => 261 [iron] => 1 )
Notes on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
© LowCarbYum.com - Unauthorized use of this material without written permission is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes. Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.
Follow us on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, and INSTAGRAM for even more tasty keto-friendly recipes!
This looks real good! thx